Balance issues and vestibular disorders are common problem that we diagnose and treat in our offices. If you feel like you cant stay upright on a very consistent basis, you are at risk for a fall. Did you know that Falls are the leading cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries for older Americans according to the National Council on Aging. They are a very serious problem that needs to be addressed immediately. Do you experience:
- A recent loss of balance(within the past year) that caused you to fall to the ground?
- A need to hold on to counters, walls and other surfaces to navigate indoors?
- Dizziness or lightheadedness when rising from sitting or laying?
- An inability to stand on one foot for more than 10 seconds?
- A change in walking speed or walking pattern to help stay balanced?
- A lack of confidence when walking in public or on uneven surfaces like grass?
- A recent start of using a cane or other assistive device (that you really don’t want to use)?
- Vertigo and nausea?
These are all signs that something is WRONG. It could be a small or large problem depending on the severity of the symptoms. The key is to identify what is causing your pain and resolve it as fast as possible. Small problems become big problems when left untreated and we want to help you feel better and avoid serious damage to your body with a fall.
Pain or an inability to do an activity you once could are signs that something is WRONG. The key is to identify what is causing your pain and resolve it as fast as possible. Small problems become big problems when left untreated and we want to help you feel better and avoid serious damage.
You need to be evaluated by a professional to determine the best course of action for you to take.
What if you could get real answers in the next 24 hours?
What if it was FREE?
This is what the Free Pain and Movement Evaluation at Robbins Rehabilitation is all about!
You can schedule 30 minutes one-on-one with a Doctor of Physical Therapy and get real answers about what is causing your pain. All you have to do is schedule your appointment today and you will feel better tomorrow. What are you waiting for?